Bluegrass & Beer at Jester King Brewery
We had a blast with our friends at Save or Springs and the Texas Brewshed Alliance at the event at Jester King Brewery on October 11 to keep Sewage out of Long Branch and Barton Creek. It was a huge success as well! We had 103 concerned citizens visit our table, garnered 90 additional signatures on the No Dumping Sewage petition (total 4,728 to date) AND raised over $2,600 to help continue the work! Whoop Whoop!
If you weren’t able to join us at Jester King Brewery last month, don’t worry. There are still several actions you can take to protect Barton Creek and Long Branch from sewage pollution.
1) Watch and share this video!
Have a facebook, watch and share here.
Otherwise, watch and share via our youtube channel.
2) Write to the TCEQ to express your concerns. That will become part of the formal permitting review record. This will be influential to the TCEQ reviewers if they get enough negative comments from the public:
· Click the website: https://www14.tceq.texas.gov/epic/eComment/
· Enter Permit NO. WQ0015594001
· Fill out the form and express your comments and concerns
3) Sign the No Dumping Sewage petition! More info: As you may remember, the Long Branch permit plans to dump 92,000 gallons/day of treated sewage into a tributary into Barton Creek, which is the same as dumping three standard-sized pools (20 ft by 40 ft) filled with wastewater into the creek every day. More info here.